Saturday, September 5, 2009

1 week til race time - Ben

Today, I went for my first long ride in over a month. The frame on my Trek (aka Sarah's bike) got damaged and I had to scramble to find a new frame. I finally got it in working order 1 week before the race.. It rides great, but it is not the most comfortable ride. The frame forces you to put a lot of weight on your arms and hands. After 40 miles, my fingers were getting numb and my triceps were BURNING! The best I can do before next week to help fix it is to adjust the handle bars, get some new gloves.... and hope for the best.

The rest of the ride was pretty uneventful. After 35 miles, the climbs become very difficult.. So much so that on the last 2 climbs, I was getting light headed and had to stop. This ride made me realize how difficult 75 miles in one day is going to be.

STATS:

Distance: 45.79 miles
Average Speed: 12.3 mph
Max Speed: 25.2 mph
Time moving: 3:41:54

No comments:

Post a Comment