Sunday, July 12, 2009

Break Over! - Ben

For various reasons I haven't been on my bike in close to a month. Getting back on after an absence like that isn't easy.

This week I went on two very different rides. The first one was an off-road ride with Nate and Nick. They invited me to Lake Crabtree Mountain Bike Park for an after work ride. I hadn't been on a trail ride in at least 2 years, and I'd never been on one with two other cyclists who were WAY more comfortable with the trail than I was. We ended up doing a very intense 8 miles in a little over an hour(Nate, correct me if I'm wrong). All in all, I think I handled it okay... I'll prob ride a little harder next time now that I know that my body (and my bike) can handle it.

The second ride I went on was a 20 mile road ride. It was over 90deg out and it felt even hotter.. the air was suffocating. I wandered around downtown for a little while (I tend to mix riding with house hunting lately), then headed up to Umstead park and back via the art museum trail. Here are my (not so good) stats:

Time: 1:44:30
Distance: 21.28 miles
Average Speed: 12.2 mph
Max Speed: 29.4

No comments:

Post a Comment